Things to Note…
Every week (sometimes more frequently!), Our Savior’s produces a short Information Video of upcoming events, activities, and opportunities. It’s shown at the Welcome Center and on monitors in the Sanctuary and Celebrate Center before worship services. And it’s posted to the OSL website as well, so if you haven’t been by for a while, or you’d just like a closer look, find the videos here!
Are you worshiping from home? In-person church activities at OSL continue, but not everybody is comfortable about venturing out. Here’s how you can participate in the OSL community’s worship life from home:
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., FOX-TV (channel 46.2); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Opportunities to Help
• Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too.
• At the moment, because of the number of students who can use some help, these items in particular would be greatly appreciated: Ramen noodles; soup; toothpaste; shampoo; body wash; lotion; toothbrushes; peanut butter; jelly; mac and cheese; tuna or any kind of canned meat; pasta; pasta sauce ; cereal, hot or cold; all kinds of beans; rice; all kinds of vegetables
For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augie and USF neighbors!
Calling All Leaders! Maybe you have sensed the Holy Spirit nudging you toward serving in a leadership role at Our Savior’s, or maybe you’ve had your eye on someone whom you think would serve the congregation well as a member of the Governing Board. Three new board members—vice president, treasurer, and an at-large member—will be elected at the annal meeting in January. Use the form you’ll find here to nominate someone you have identified as a potential leader, or to nominate yourself. Return completed forms to the Church Office during normal office hours, or to Anne Rieck McFarland (email@example.com), no later than December 15.
Be someone who counts! Offering counters meet on Monday mornings for approximately two hours. Why not be one of them? No experience is necessary. More counters are especially needed for January through April. For details, call Barb Haugan, 336-2942, ext. 23.
OSL supports the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry by donating various food items to help local families in need, and helping with food distributions. The item for December is tuna and tuna helper; for January it will be mac and cheese. Place your donations in the marked bins near the south entrance, by the Library.