The Rev. Elizabeth Eaton, Presiding Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, has provided a pre-recorded sermon that will be seen in worship services this Sunday, which is Holy Trinity Sunday.
OSL will undertake its first in-person worship service in…well, it’s been a while. Come on over for an outdoor Celebrate worship service on June 14, at 8:45 a.m.! Gather in the south parking. The preaching will be loud and the music will be louder. Bring a lawn chair, and don’t forget your hat!
As of now, in-person indoor activities at OSL are canceled to June 15, with one exception: OSL will once again serve as a host site for the Summer Food Service program. An outdoor Celebrate worship service is planned for June 14 (see above), but Festive worship will be via television and Facebook Live only. Stay tuned for updates here, or sign up to receive Coming up at OSL via email every week via the button at the bottom of this page.
Faithful, Hopeful, Loving is Our Savior’s 2020 Stewardship Appeal. If you haven’t already, consider growing in your giving and become a 2020 Mission Investor by completing your Estimate of Giving card and returning it to the Church Office. Or you may fill it out online: visit oslchurch.com/stewardship for details and a link to the digital form. Together we stand, in faith, hope, and love. Together we are the church that proclaims Christ and nurtures faith that connects to everyday life, no matter what.
Stephen Ministers are OSL members who are trained to provide confidential Christian care to people who are experiencing a difficult time. Especially now, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, if you or someone you know could benefit from the prayerful encouragement of a Stephen Minister, contact Pr. Tim Lemme, 336-2942 or email@example.com.
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., KTTW (cable channel 9; channel 7.1); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
• Each Tuesday, “Freddy’s Faith-Full Friends” will teach you a song, enabling you to participate in Sunday worship from home.
• Each Thursday, Melissa Nesdahl, Director of Faith Formation, will include a Faith in the Home video, containing a scripture reading, contemplation/discussion questions, and an activity to help you act on and process the scripture reading.
As OSL’s COVID-19 response continues, members continue to passionately support relief efforts in the community. As a result, this week Our Savior’s joyfully announces a gift of $7,500 to the SD DREAM Coalition. The SD DREAM Coalition have been leaders in this community’s compassionate response to the workforce at Smithfield, and their work directly supports justice and equity for the vulnerable immigrant, refugee, and undocumented communities in our city.
Looking for a quick, convenient way to help support OSL’s mission? Text sharing to 73256 and follow the short instructions to make a gift to Our Savior’s. Thank you for your continued support!
You can support OSL’s Augustana Campus Cupboard during the COVID-19 pandemic by buying some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augustana neighbors—about 100 of whom are still on campus!
OSL supports the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry by donating various food items to help local families in need, and helping with food distributions. The item for June is tuna and tuna helper. Place your donations in the marked bins near the south entrance, by the Library. Remember, the south entrance doors will be unlocked from 8:00 a.m. to noon, Monday through Thursday.