To help with our collective grief following the death of our friend Deb Merxbauer, the OSL Spiritual Care team invites you to share a story, memory, “Deb quote,” or picture on the display near the OSL Library.
Things to Note…
OSL will recognize high school seniors with a blessing and a slideshow presentation at all worship services the weekend of May 23–23. High school seniors, send a senior picture or picture of you at a church activity (camp, an event, milestone, confirmation, mission trip, etc.), along with your plans after graduation, by Friday, May 14, to John, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the picture file with the student’s name, and be sure to include the event and year.
Are you a woman looking for a place to study the Word of God and grow in your faith? Then WELCA (Women of the ELCA) is the place for you! Two of OSL’s circles have been meeting via Zoom for the last few months and would like to invite you to join them!
• Women of Faith meets on the second Wednesday of each month, at 5:30 p.m. Their next meeting is May 12. Women of Faith utilizes Bible studies from the monthly Gather magazine, available via subscription (https://www.gathermagazine.org/getgather/) on in the OSL Library. Contact Deb Harlan, email@example.com, if you wish to join this circle.
• Renewing Faith meets on Thursday nights at 7:00. Their next meeting is May 13. Renewing Faith uses various Bible studies, currently One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. The study guide can be sent to you via email. Contact Nancy Krueger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for information as other circles become more comfortable meeting! There is a place for you in OSL’s Women of the ELCA!
OSL’s partners at Ingham Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camps, Lutherans Outdoors in South Dakota, and Shetek Lutheran Ministries are offering summer programming for youth and families. Summer camp is where lifelong memories and lifelong faith are formed, so Our Savior’s wishes to help you attend by providing money towards your camp fee. Visit this link to learn what each camp has to offer for youth and families this summer.
Every week or so, Our Savior’s Communications produces a short Information Video of upcoming events, activities, and opportunities. It’s shown at the Welcome Center and on monitors in the Sanctuary and Celebrate Center before worship services. And it’s posted to the OSL website as well, so if you haven’t been by for a while, or you’d just like a closer look, find the videos here!
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., FOX-TV (channel 46.2); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Opportunities to Help
• Small bottles of lotion or cream
• Lightweight socks for men or women
• Diabetic socks in all colors
• New or gently used walking-type shoes (no sandals or flip-flops)
• Small devotionals
There’s a designated box in the Caring Ministries area, by Michelle’s office, for your donation. Thank you for your generosity!
Be one of the volunteers helping out when OSL sponsors and staffs the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry drive-through distribution on May 27 at St. John American Lutheran Church. Get more details here; Contact Donna Wilson, 359-7718, with questions or for more information.
OSL supports the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry by donating various food items to help local families in need, and helping with food distributions. The item for May is peanut butter; for June it will be tuna and tuna helper. Always appreciated are toothpaste, shampoo, and deodorant for Hygiene Packs. Place your donations in the marked bins near the south entrance, by the Library.