If you ordered lefse from OSL’s Women of the ELCA, your pick-up date approaches! Lefse will be distributed this Sunday, November 22, from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Drive up under the canopy at the south entrance and remain in your car. Please wear a mask, and have exact change or a check made out to OSL-WELCA: a package of three is $6. Proceeds from the sale will be directed to WELCA’s benevolences and new appliances for the Friendship Room kitchen. Questions? contact Nancy Krueger, 595-5518 or email@example.com.
Angel Tree gifts are due next Wednesday! For your convenience and safety you may participate in two ways:
• Pick up a card from the Angel Tree in the front entrance, near the Library, or
• Access the Virtual Angel Tree.
If you select a name from the Virtual Angel Tree, be sure to print the appropriate color tag (attached photo), fill in the corresponding information, and tape it to your gift(s). All gifts are due to the Church Office, unwrapped, by Wednesday, November 25. Thank you for blessing children that may otherwise not receive a gift this Christmas. Contact Melissa Nesdahl, Director of Faith Formation, with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Note…
Every week (sometimes more frequently!), Our Savior’s produces a short Information Video of upcoming events, activities, and opportunities. It’s shown at the Welcome Center and on monitors in the Sanctuary and Celebrate Center before worship services. And it’s posted to the OSL website as well, so if you haven’t been by for a while, or you’d just like a closer look, find the videos here!
Are you worshiping from home? In-person church activities at OSL continue, but not everybody is comfortable about venturing out. Here’s how you can participate in the OSL community’s worship life from home:
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., FOX-TV (channel 46.2); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
- • Caregiver Support Program provides emotional support, advocacy, and resources to caregivers through regular telephone conversations. The program is free to South Dakota residents who are caregivers to an adult. To enroll, dial 211 and ask about the Caregiver Support Program.
- • “Caregiver Conference 2020 – Giving Care, Taking Care” is a series of free virtual sessions throughout November. Registration is required: contact Carmen Spurling, Active Generations, 333-3319 or email@example.com.
- • OSL’s Memory Care Group will continue to meet on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m., but will be using Zoom. For more information, contact Michelle Anderson, RN, Faith Community Nurse, 336-2942 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Larry Budahl, the group’s founder and facilitator, is handing leadership over to Ron Nelson and Pam Evenson. Thank you Larry, for helping so many families for nearly eight years!
Opportunities to Help
Calling All Leaders! Maybe you have sensed the Holy Spirit nudging you toward serving in a leadership role at Our Savior’s, or maybe you’ve had your eye on someone whom you think would serve the congregation well as a member of the Governing Board. Three new board members—vice president, treasurer, and an at-large member—will be elected at the annal meeting in January. Use the form you’ll find here to nominate someone you have identified as a potential leader, or to nominate yourself. Return completed forms to the Church Office during normal office hours, or to Anne Rieck McFarland (email@example.com), no later than December 15.
Be someone who counts! Offering counters meet on Monday mornings for approximately two hours. Why not be one of them? No experience is necessary. More counters are especially needed for January through April. For details, call Barb Haugan, 336-2942, ext. 23.
OSL supports the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry by donating various food items to help local families in need, and helping with food distributions. The item for November is peanut butter; for December it will be tuna and tuna helper. Place your donations in the marked bins near the south entrance, by the Library.
• Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here.
You’ll find all the details you need there, too. For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augie and USF neighbors!