Things to Note…
Step up to Walking Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m., in the Hub. Masks are mandatory.
Be sure to view the 50 new and recently published titles on the inter-generational racial justice display in the OSL Library. For easy viewing online, visit the Racial Justice bookbag on the Library catalog.
Are you worshiping from home? In-person church activities at OSL have resumed, but not everybody is comfortable about venturing out. Here’s how you can participate in the OSL community’s worship life from home:
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., KTTW (cable channel 9; channel 7.1); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
- • Caregiver Support Program provides emotional support, advocacy, and resources to caregivers through regular telephone conversations. The program is free to South Dakota residents who are caregivers to an adult. To enroll, dial 211 and ask about the Caregiver Support Program.
- • “Caregiver Conference 2020 – Giving Care, Taking Care” is a series of free virtual sessions throughout November. Registration is required: contact Carmen Spurling, Active Generations, 333-3319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • OSL’s Memory Care Group will continue to meet on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m., but will be using Zoom. For more information, contact Michelle Anderson, RN, Faith Community Nurse, 336-2942 or email@example.com. Larry Budahl, the group’s founder and facilitator, is handing leadership over to Ron Nelson and Pam Evenson. Thank you Larry, for helping so many families for nearly eight years!
The 21st Annual Health Ministry Conference, Answering the Call to Care: Valuing Diversity, Inclusion & Faith, will be held online on Friday, November 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Learn and discuss how faith informs our call to care for all people, regardless of cultural differences in identity, community styles, and perception of person power. This virtual discussion will be led by Rev. Dr. Eric H. F. Law, from the Kaleidoscope Institute. Find more information and a registration link on the Sanford Health website. Contact Karla Cazer, 339-7295 or Karla.Cazer@sanfordhealth.org, with questions.
Opportunities to Help
Be someone who counts! Offering counters meet on Monday mornings for approximately two hours. Why not be one of them? No experience is necessary. More counters are especially needed for January through April. For details, call Barb Haugan, 336-2942, ext. 23.
Our friends at Susan B. Anthony Elementary School tell us they could make good use of child-sized masks for their students. OSL would like to contribute about 500 masks; the quilting group, Peace by Piece, has set up a table in the quilting room dedicated to the project, with fabric and supplies, available for you to pick up anytime the church is open. Stop in the Church Office and a staff member will let you into the room, where you can choose the material you wish and any supplies necessary. Questions? Contact Deb Harlan, 336-2942, ext. 48, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or email@example.com.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too. For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augustana neighbors!
Have you tried OSL’s text giving option? It’s a quick, convenient way to help support OSL’s mission! Just text sharing to 73256 and follow the short instructions to make a gift to Our Savior’s. Thank you for your continued support!