Things to Note…
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., KTTW (cable channel 9; channel 7.1); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Step up to Walking Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m., in the Hub. Masks are mandatory.
- • Caregiver Support Program provides emotional support, advocacy, and resources to caregivers through regular telephone conversations. The program is free to South Dakota residents who are caregivers to an adult. To enroll, dial 211 and ask about the Caregiver Support Program.
- • “Caregiver Conference 2020 – Giving Care, Taking Care” is a series of free virtual sessions throughout November. Registration is required: contact Carmen Spurling, Active Generations, 333-3319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • OSL’s Memory Care Group will continue to meet on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m., but will be using Zoom. For more information, contact Michelle Anderson, RN, Faith Community Nurse, 336-2942 or email@example.com. Larry Budahl, the group’s founder and facilitator, is handing leadership over to Ron Nelson and Pam Evenson. Thank you Larry, for helping so many families for nearly eight years!
The 21st Annual Health Ministry Conference, Answering the Call to Care: Valuing Diversity, Inclusion & Faith, will be held online on Friday, November 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Learn and discuss how faith informs our call to care for all people, regardless of cultural differences in identity, community styles, and perception of person power. This virtual discussion will be led by Rev. Dr. Eric H. F. Law, from the Kaleidoscope Institute. Find more information and a registration link on the Sanford Health website. Contact Karla Cazer, 339-7295 or Karla.Cazer@sanfordhealth.org, with questions.
Opportunities to Help
- • Pick up a card from the Angel Tree in the front entrance, near the Library, or
- • Access the Virtual Angel Tree!
If you select a name from the Virtual Angel Tree, be sure to print the appropriate color tag (attached photo), fill in the corresponding information, and tape it to your gift(s). All gifts are due to the Church Office, unwrapped, by Wednesday, November 25. Thank you for blessing children that may otherwise not receive a gift this Christmas. Contact Melissa Nesdahl, Director of Faith Formation, with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be someone who counts! Offering counters meet on Monday mornings for approximately two hours. Why not be one of them? No experience is necessary. More counters are especially needed for January through April. For details, call Barb Haugan, 336-2942, ext. 23.
OSL supports the Food to You Mobile Food Pantry by donating various food items to help local families in need, and helping with food distributions. The item for November is peanut butter; for December it will be tuna and tuna helper. Place your donations in the marked bins near the south entrance, by the Library.
Our friends at Susan B. Anthony Elementary School tell us they could make good use of child-sized masks for their students. OSL would like to contribute about 500 masks; the quilting group, Peace by Piece, has set up a table in the quilting room dedicated to the project, with fabric and supplies, available for you to pick up anytime the church is open. Stop in the Church Office and a staff member will let you into the room, where you can choose the material you wish and any supplies necessary. Questions? Contact Deb Harlan, 336-2942, ext. 48, or email@example.com.
- • Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too. For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augustana neighbors!