Are you ready for a day of acceptance when we recognize God’s image in every face? Then you are ready for The Beginning Is Near, OSL’s Fall Preaching Series!
Things to Note…
A Heartfelt and Humble Thank You!
My heart is truly overflowing with gratitude for all the ways in which you have shared in the celebration of my 25th anniversary of ordination this past week. The card shower was such fun, and it meant so much to me to see some of you that I have not seen for quite some time due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Thanks especially to Loretta Nelson, Deb Harlan, and Michelle Anderson for being there with me all morning, handing out delicious cupcakes and greeting all of you as we enjoyed the beautiful fall day. Sunday morning was wonderful as well, as Congregation President Dan Van Schepen congratulated me in worship and shared with me a lovely gift on behalf of the entire OSL congregation. I cannot thank all of you enough for the love you have shown to me during this milestone in my ministry walk.
It is such a pleasure and privilege to continue to serve as one of your pastors, and to share in the ministry that God has given to us all. Together, we proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, and go about the work of being the Body of Christ in our world. May the Spirit continue to lead us in our journey of faith together!
Pr. Tim Lemme
Be sure to view the 50 new and recently published titles on the inter-generational racial justice display in the OSL Library. For easy viewing online, visit the Racial Justice bookbag on the Library catalog.
Mah-Jongg has resumed at OSL, on Wednesdays, at 1:00 p.m., in The Gathering Place. To ensure safe play, these rules will be followed:
- • Masks will be mandatory;
• Disinfect and/or wash hands with soap and water prior to play;
• Disinfect Mah-Jongg tiles prior to play;
• Players will disinfect the playing table surface prior to and after play;
• The round tables The Gathering Place will be used for play, not card tables;
• No food or treats;
• Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19—especially fever, cough and respiratory symptoms, sudden loss of taste or smell.
Step up to Walking Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m., in the Hub. Masks are mandatory.
It’s a new month, and new events and activities are popping up at OSL all the time—so keep an eye on the OSL calendar at oslchurch.com/calendar for recently added events! The website calendar is continuously updated, so visit it frequently!
Are you worshiping from home? In-person church activities at OSL have resumed, but not everybody is comfortable about venturing out. Here’s how you can participate in the OSL community’s worship life from home:
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., KTTW (cable channel 9; channel 7.1); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Opportunities to Serve
The Banquet uses clean grocery bags for its food distribution, and there’s a marked bin on the shelves near the OSL Library where you may leave your contribution of bags between September 13 and 27. Thanks for your help!
Our friends at Susan B. Anthony Elementary School tell us they could make good use of child-sized masks for their students. OSL would like to contribute about 500 masks; the quilting group, Peace by Piece, has set up a table in the quilting room dedicated to the project, with fabric and supplies, available for you to pick up anytime the church is open. Stop in the Church Office and a staff member will let you into the room, where you can choose the material you wish and any supplies necessary. Questions? Contact Deb Harlan, 336-2942, ext. 48, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or email@example.com.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too. For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augustana neighbors!
Have you tried OSL’s text giving option? It’s a quick, convenient way to help support OSL’s mission! Just text sharing to 73256 and follow the short instructions to make a gift to Our Savior’s. Thank you for your continued support!