Don’t miss Theology Tapped tonight, Thursday, September 24, at Monk’s Ale House, at 8:00 p.m. Pr. Randy will lead an hour of engaging conversation on matters of faith and life in a fun, informal setting. Monk’s is located at 420 E. 8th St.
Are you ready for a day of acceptance when we recognize God’s image in every face? Then you are ready for The Beginning Is Near, OSL’s Fall Preaching Series!
This coming weekend, OSL will welcome the Rev. Lenny Duncan, an ELCA pastor and the author of Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the U.S.. On Sunday, September 27, he will be preaching in worship services and will also provide the keynote address and answer questions at a book reading event in the Celebrate Center, at 2:00 p.m. This event is open to the public and will be livestreamed on OSL’s Facebook page. If you’d like to submit a question for Pr. Lenny’s consideration, click here.
Be sure to view the 40 new and recently published titles on the inter-generational racial justice display in the OSL Library. For easy viewing online, visit the Racial Justice list on the Library catalog.
Do you have a student in college? Send in their address so they receive a College Care Package, which OSL Youth will be assembling soon. It doesn’t matter if they’re on campus somewhere or taking classes online—their church family is thinking of and praying for them! Send addresses to Nicole, email@example.com, by October 1.
Are you worshiping from home? In-person church activities at OSL have resumed, but not everybody is comfortable about venturing out. Here’s how you can participate in the OSL community’s worship life from home:
• View (or print) weekly worship materials at oslchurch.com.
• Watch worship services on TV: Celebrate: 9:00 a.m., KTTW (cable channel 9; channel 7.1); Festive: 1:00 p.m., KSCB (cable channel 30; channel 53).
• Catch live-stream worship services at facebook.com/oslchurchsf: Celebrate, 8:45 a.m.; Festive, 10:15 a.m.
• Watch recorded services at oslchurch.com, uploaded on Monday.
• Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Things to Note…
Step up to Walking Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m., in the Hub. Masks are mandatory.
Mah-Jongg has resumed at OSL, on Wednesdays, at 1:00 p.m., in The Gathering Place. To ensure safe play, these rules will be followed:
- • Masks will be mandatory;
• Disinfect and/or wash hands with soap and water prior to play;
• Disinfect Mah-Jongg tiles prior to play;
• Players will disinfect the playing table surface prior to and after play;
• The round tables The Gathering Place will be used for play, not card tables;
• No food or treats;
• Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19—especially fever, cough and respiratory symptoms, sudden loss of taste or smell.
The Recent Loss Series, for those who have experienced a loss in the past year, meets on Wednesday evenings, through September 30, from 5:30 to 6:30, in the Friendship Room. Friends and family are welcome to attend! Pandemic precautions will be followed, for the safety of all. Register with Michelle Anderson, 336-2942, ext. 28, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More events and activities are resuming at OSL all the time—so keep an eye on the OSL calendar at oslchurch.com/calendar for recently added events! The website calendar is continuously updated, so visit it frequently!
Opportunities to Serve
The Banquet uses clean grocery bags for its food distribution, and there’s a marked bin on the shelves near the OSL Library where you may leave your contribution of bags between September 13 and 27. Thanks for your help!
What’s a Seat Sack? Funny you should ask! A Seat Sack is a sack (a-ha!) that goes on the back of kindergartners’ chairs and holds their school supplies during the day. OSL is helping Susan B. Anthony students by raising money to buy about 75 Seat Sacks. They’re $15 each, and if you wish to help you may stop by the Church Office or use OSL’s text giving option: Just text sharing to 73256 and follow the short instructions to make your gift (choose Seat Sacks from the drop-down menu). It’s a quick, convenient way to help support OSL’s mission!
Bring some sunshine and fun to one or two homebound members by putting some fun chalk drawings on their sidewalk or driveway! Contact Deb Harlan, 336-2942, ext. 48, or email@example.com. Chalk will be provided!
Our friends at Susan B. Anthony Elementary School tell us they could make good use of child-sized masks for their students. OSL would like to contribute about 500 masks; the quilting group, Peace by Piece, has set up a table in the quilting room dedicated to the project, with fabric and supplies, available for you to pick up anytime the church is open. Stop in the Church Office and a staff member will let you into the room, where you can choose the material you wish and any supplies necessary. Questions? Contact Deb Harlan, 336-2942, ext. 48, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Volunteer to help out—there are slots for two volunteers on each of these days: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:45 to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday mornings, 9:00 to 11:00. Procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and minimal contact. Get in touch with Pr. Justin Kosec, 336-2942, ext. 44, or email@example.com.
• Buy some, or all, of the items on the shopping list you’ll find here. You’ll find all the details you need there, too. For your convenience, a cart is set up inside the south entrance during business hours, where you may leave your contributions. Thanks for your support of OSL’s Augustana neighbors!
Have you tried OSL’s text giving option? It’s a quick, convenient way to help support OSL’s mission! Just text sharing to 73256 and follow the short instructions to make a gift to Our Savior’s. Thank you for your continued support!