Worship & Music
Worship is central to Our Savior’s—it is the time when all come together as a community to hear how God meets us in our everyday lives.
OSL has five worship services every weekend during the school year. Festive worship is a more traditional service, held in the Sanctuary. Celebrate worship is more contemporary in atmosphere and sound, and is held in the Celebrate Center. Except during the summer months, breakfast and fellowship are offered in The Gathering Place on Sunday mornings, from 9:30 to 11:00, and adult education opportunities are offered at 10:00.
View recent worship services here.
Position Opening: Celebrate Worship Coordinator
Our Savior’s Lutheran Church is seeking a part-time contemporary worship leader to plan and lead Celebrate worship. Read more here.
Regular Worship Schedule
- Saturday 5:00 p.m. – Festive Worship, Sanctuary
- Sunday 8:45 a.m. – Festive Worship, Sanctuary
- Sunday 8:45 a.m. – Celebrate Worship, Celebrate Center (broadcast at 9:00 a.m. on KTTW, cable ch. 9, UHF 17)
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. – Festive Worship, Sanctuary (broadcast at 1:00 p.m. on KSCB, cable ch. 30)
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. – Celebrate Worship, Celebrate Center
Also on the Schedule
- Sunday breakfast is served in The Gathering Place, starting at 9:30 (through May 21)
- Sunday School is at 10:00 a.m., in the lower level classrooms
- Adult Education is at 10:00 a.m., in Fellowship Hall (see the OSL U course catalog for adult-ed opportunities)
- Wednesday School is at 6:00 p.m., in the Labyrinth Room
- Confirmation is Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m., in Fellowship Hall
OSL’s Organ Recital Series returns in August. Recitals will be held on Wednesdays, from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., followed by a light lunch. Here is the schedule:
August 23 — Jared Ostermann, St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls
August 30 — Andrew Paulson, Grace Lutheran Church, Fairmont, Minn.
September 6 — Kyle Quanbeck, Peace Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls
September 13 — Marilyn Schempp, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls
September 20 — Ken Mannes, Salem-Zion Mennonite Church, Freeman
September 27 — Jeffrey Thormodsgard, Augustana University student.
OSL music ensembles offer many ways for you to share your gifts of music. OSL ensembles are similar to LifeGroups—members pray together and strive to grow in faith through worship music. Contact Gene LeVasseur, Director of Worship, for more information: email@example.com..
Options for Singers
Response Singers adult choir rehearses at 8:00 a.m. on Sundays and leads 8:45 a.m. Festive worship every other Sunday.
Senior Choir adult choir rehearses at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays and leads 11:00 a.m. Festive worship every Sunday.
Cantors lead Saturday and Sunday Festive worship services as soloists or in small groups twice per semester.
Celebrate Singers rehearse at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and lead Celebrate worship on Sundays, choosing individually how often to sing.
Options for Instrumentalists
Instruments of all types are welcome in both traditional and contemporary worship. Whatever you play, there are opportunities for you to share your gift. Contact Marilyn Schempp, Associate Director of Music and Fine Arts, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org..
Bells of Our Savior’s rehearses at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and ring approximately every three weeks at various worship services,
Begins September 10
- 5:00 p.m. - Festive Worship
- 8:45 a.m. – Festive Worship / Celebrate Worship
- 11:00 a.m. – Festive Worship / Celebrate Worship